22 October 2007

Intro

This blog is an attempt to keep in contact with friends I have around the world who may have wondered what happened to me when I suddenly wanished two weeks ago from our usual forums. It is a way of keeping you updated in a more private setting. There will be some deeply personal stuff here. So please do not link to this blog right now. Let me sort some things out first.

This is a strange, strange time for me. I am not used to being sick. In fact I used to be one of those annoying people who never caught a cold. I would have plenty of energy during the day and sleep like a log at night. My marathon training was going great, my job as a PhD student was on track and my life was ... good. Very good.

Except I had been having some embarrassing gastrointestinal symptoms that kept coming and going in periods. After a difficult 14 day episode I ended up in a hospital for 10 days. I am now home again, trying to pick up the pieces and make sense of it all.

PS - I love it when you comment!

No comments: